Of all the “It might have been” things coming from DC, highest on the Want List is Dean Trippe’s Lois Lane Girl Reporter series.
As he explains it on his tumblr feed…
A LITTLE BACKSTORY
Growing up with two younger sisters, I’ve often found myself attracted to cool female leads whose stories I could share with them (Nancy Drew, Veronica Mars, etc.), but while the superhero industry has always done good by me in providing excellent male heroes (chief among them, Batman and Superman), its treatment of their similarly iconic female heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl has always been mixed at best. Too often these spandex-clad heroines have been marketed towards post-adolescent men rather than to their own gender. There’s room for this in the spectrum of superhero fiction, of course, but without a positive female role model for me to share with my sisters, that they could see themselves in, they both grew up with only a portion of my comics fandom. (Don’t get me wrong, they both still dig Batman!)
But then I found a secret window into the DCU that I don’t think anyone else knows about: Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane…at eleven years old.
I think this could have rocked the world as a young adult series.
- deantrippe likes this
- platonic-sleepover likes this
- lizzymayi reblogged this from baudyhallee
- farmerwithacape likes this
- harleyscandytardis reblogged this from chrisluvstommy
- harleyscandytardis likes this
- chrisluvstommy reblogged this from vbartilucci
- chrisluvstommy likes this
- angy25 likes this
- sneezymeanderings likes this
- lizzymayi likes this
- the-gardens-of-lorien likes this
- therearecertainshadesoflimelight likes this
- baudyhallee reblogged this from vbartilucci
- baudyhallee likes this
- live-from-the-marquee-moon likes this
- vbartilucci posted this